My work is a mixture of psychological therapy,clinical supervision and teaching. I see people for either brief or
open-ended therapy in my consulting room in Clapham. Brief individual therapies include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), counselling, brief psychodynamic psychotherapy and Interpersonal Therapy (IPT). I also offer more intense long term therapy including full psychoanalysis.
My teaching work includes post-graduate level training for NHS therapists,Trainee Clinical Psychologists and trainee Psychodynamic Psychotherapists. I also supervise the clinical work of a wide variety of disciplines in their post-qualification work both in the NHS and in private practice.
Current NHS Post
Sept 2018 to date - I work part time at the Tavistock Clinic contributing to two of the psychodynamic psychotherapy courses.
Previous NHS and Academic appointments
• Oct 2015 to Sep 2018 Part-time Senior Teaching Fellow University of Surrey IPT Centre
• Oct 2015 to Sept 2018 Visiting Lecturer Tavistock Clinic
• April 2015 to present Visiting Lecturer Sotheby's Institute of Art
• March 2013 to March 2016 External Consultant post with North Essex MH NHS Trust training NHS primary care psychological therapy staff in IPT.
• Nov 2002 to Nov 2011 - Consultant Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Team Lead for S West London and St Georges MH NHS Trust Kingston Psychological Therapies in Primary Care Service (Wave 3 IAPT Plus partnership service) This post combined both clinical leadership as well as operational managerial responsibilities for a multi-disciplinary team of psychological therapists.
• Oct 2005 to Oct 2009 - Honorary Clinical Tutor , University of Surrey Clinical Psychology Doctoral programme
•May 2000 to Oct 2002 - Consultant Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Team Co-ordinator for S West London and St Georges MH NHS Trust Wandsworth Primary Care Service.
• March 1997 to April 2000 – Principal Clinical Psychologist for Pathfinder MH NHS Trust working with Wandsworth Primary Care service
•March 1997 to July 1999 – Hon Part time Senior Lecturer University of Canterbury Christchurch Salomon’s Centre Clinical
Psychology training programme.
• Oct 1995 to Feb 1997 – Principal Clinical Psychologist for Pathfinder MH NHS Trust working with Battersea CMHT
• Oct 1991 to Sept 1995 – Senior Clinical Psychologist for Pathfinder MH NHS Trust working with Battersea CMHT
• Oct 1989 to Sept 1991 Basic Grade Clinical Psychologist for Wandsworth Health Authority (which became Pathfinder MH NHS Trust) working with Battersea CMHT
Teaching, Training and Supervision
I have experience of teaching a number of disciplines including psychiatrists,Clinical and Counselling Psychologists at pre and post qualification level. I have extensive experience of supervising a wide range of professionals both within the NHS as well as privately.This supervisory experience includes clinical, professional as well as managerial supervision.
• Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) - Registered as a Clinical and Counselling Psychologist No PYL21755
• British Psychological Society - Registered as Associate Fellow and Chartered Clinical and Counselling Psychologist No 022858
• British Psychoanalytic Society - Member
• International Psychoanalytic Association - member of International Psychoanalytic Association
• British Psychoanalytic Council - member of British Psychoanalytic Council
• Interpersonal Therapy UK – Supervisor and Trainer IPTUK
Education and Qualifications
• May 2015 - Membership of the British Psychoanalytic Society following completion of Institute of Psychoanalysis adult psychoanalytic training
• IPT Trainer (IPTUK)
• Oct 2012 IPT Supervisor (IPTUK)
• Sept 2009 IPT Practitioner (IPTUK)
• Oct 2001 – British Association of Psychotherapy/Birkbeck College Diploma in the Psychodynamics of Human Development (Merit)
• 1994 – Awarded Certificate of Equivalence in British Psychological Society Diploma in Counselling Psychology
• 1987 to 1989 – M Sc in Clinical Psychology, University of London (Institute of Psychiatry)
• 1982-1986 – B Sc Hons Psychology, University of Edinburgh